5.02.2012

Free-Lensing

I went out and had a photography adventure in my backyard. It was fabulous.


It all started when I read this post from A Beautiful Mess.

The idea is called 'free-lensing' because you remove your camera lens (50mm is the best) and hold it close enough to the camera opening to take pictures without overexposing. The effect is really neat!

It takes a lot of practice (as she mentions in her post), so my first time pictures aren't the best example, but I was pretty excited about the effects! See how the area around the subject is blurred and out-of-focus? You can alter the effects by angling the lens more toward the right or the left depending on where the subject is. You really have to play around before getting the hang of it, but it's worth the time. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment