6.01.2013

8 Months


Well, only 4 weeks left before we get to meet our little baby.
We are getting pretty anxious, to say the least...

It's been a while since I posted a pregnancy update because of moving and such, so there is a lot to catch up.

Here is the scoop:
Our baby is about 18 1/2 inches long and 6 lbs! It will be considered full-term by the end of this week! Right now it is gaining a lot of fat, and I can tell because I have the appetite of marathon-running teenage boy.

Honestly, I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. Here is a list of pregnancy symptoms I have and haven't had in the past 8 months:

NO/NOT YET:
  • Swelling
  • Stretchmarks
  • Headaches
  • Fatigue
  • Acne
  • Excess weight gain
  • Mood swings
YES:
  • Morning sickness
  • Braxton Hicks (I have them all the time, but they are mild and I can only tell I'm having one when I touch my belly and feels like a rock)
  • Bleeding gums
  • Lower back ache
  • Mild insomnia
  • Heartburn every once in a while
  • Cravings! Cold things, like popsicles and refrigerated watermelon, and I've also had cravings for cheese.
Also, here are some highlights:
  • Took some maternity pictures to document my first pregnancy.
  • I tried riding a bike, but the top of my knees kept hitting my belly :)
  • Everywhere I go random people will say "Congratulations!"
  • Random people will also throw out their guess on the gender: so far girl is winning the tally!
  • Aaron and the baby have already started to form a little relationship: Aaron will tap on my belly and the baby will kick or punch back. If the baby is awake and active it will almost always respond. It is so cute! It's really fun to see the brain function and motor ability developing.
  • We went for our first prenatal appointment with our Seattle midwives. They were so great and knowledgeable! We are really excited to deliver with them. The thing I really like about them is that they are "alternative" but not too much.
  • When the midwife measured my belly I was a little bit smaller than average, but she said it just feels like the baby is on the smaller side. Her exact words were "Well, you won't be having a 10 lb baby."
  • As far as preparation goes, we have packed our birth bag, washed the baby clothes, and set up the "crib" (it's actually a pack-n-play since that's the only thing that will fit in our studio apartment).
  • The other day Aaron said "I'm going to miss your belly when it's gone." He really does love to rub my belly and feel the baby move. I love it!
Ladies: What kind of symptoms have you had? What have you craved? Any tips or suggestions for the last few weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment