7.11.2013

One Week Old!

I can't believe that my little boy is 1 week old already!
Breastfeeding has been going so well, and he sleeps 4-5 hours straight every night. I was prepared for the worst, but we have been blessed to have an easy-going baby and I had a great lactation consultant staying right in my house (my mom). I got some great advice from a friend that recently had a baby; she said to lay in bed for the first week and let yourself be waited upon. I have done my best to stay in bed and let Aaron and my mom take care of me and the house. As tempting as it is to get up and go out, I think I have healed much faster because of taking it easy.

Aaron could only take 2 days off work--which  in actuality he had 5 straight days of no work because of the holiday. It was so nice to have him home for that long and I had a little anxiety on Monday night knowing he had to go back to work on Tuesday.

When he had to go back to work I thought Aaron might cry :( it was a sad day for all of us. And now that my mom is going home to Idaho it will just be me and Sawyer together in our little apartment. 

Since my mom is a photographer we had quite a few photoshoots while she was here. For those of you who are friends with me on Facebook you're probably thinking "More pictures? Does this lady think that her baby is cute or something?" 
Yes, yes I do :) 
Aaron and I are pretty much obsessed with our little boy, and we love him more every single day!

I just posted my favorite photos on the blog, if you want to see the full photoshoot you can visit my mom's photography Facebook page.























2 comments:

  1. so happy that things are going well Jess! He's adorable! congrats! Love, Your Help Me Grow Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom does such an amazing job with pictures. DOn't ever feel bad about having too many!!! I sometimes feel like we don't have enough!!! What a sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete