5.10.2017

Bathroom Remodel

I'm so excited to finally share some updates of our house remodel! Its not finished yet, we still have a few minor things to complete, but the major stuff is DONE.
When we bought our house two years ago we knew that we would be doing some serious remodeling. The upper floor was straight out of the '80s and needed a serious update. We could have bought a house that had already been updated, or a newer house, but I'm kind of picky when it comes to design and I didn't like the idea of spending a lot of money on a house that I didn't like the interior design, so we decided to buy a "fixer upper" and make it our own.

 During the first 6 months of owning the house we had 3 different leaks, so we ended up remodeling parts of the basement as well, even though it had been updated by the previous owners.

Remodeling has been a slow and painful process haha! It is so rewarding to see it all done, but between pregnancies, babies, and actuary exams it has been quite a journey.

A lot of the rooms still need some final touches in the form of minor construction (grout, painting, etc.) and decoration. Since most of our funds have gone toward the major work it may take another couple years to save up for decor, like textiles and furniture, but I'm 100% okay with that because I really didn't want to buy nicer furniture or rugs until my kids are potty trained and not quite so messy... On second thought, with 3 boys that day may never come!






My wide-angle lens is kind of cheap, so these pictures aren't the best... but you get the basic idea. Tomorrow I'll be posting pictures of my favorite room, the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment