3.13.2012

Lidz

Jessica threatened to beat me if I didn't lovingly asked me to write this, so here it goes.

One of my favorite sites is www.lifehacker.com, and I saw this pretty easy and helpful project. I like anything involving a drill (I'm an ultra-man), and I thought it might help us keep our kitchen a bit more organized. Its............... A POT LID HOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!

We have pretty much every kitchen gadget imaginable, but we don't have cupboard space to store it all easily. It was an accident waiting to happen, with lids and pans and casserole dishes all just chillin, so we decided to do this! It makes it really easy to store your lids in a place where they don't get in the way and keep track of where they are.
All you need to do is go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a pack of L-Screws (costs about a dollar for 10.) When you have those, find a drill bit just a little bit smaller than your screws. Then, take your lid and put it on the cabinet wall where you plan to put it. Trace the outline of your lid with a pencil, so when you remove the lid, there will be a circle where your lid was. Take your drill, screw holes at about 4 o clock and 8 o clock, then screw the L-screws in with your hand. It only took us about 10 minutes to get three lids done.
Here's the original link if you want to see it. Enjoy. If you don't do this, at least be happy knowing that by reading this, you saved me Jessica's fury you gave me an opportunity for some lovin.


No comments:

Post a Comment