7.04.2012

Camping and Other Fun Adventures

It's been a while since I've posted on the blog. I guess in reality it hasn't been that long, but considering my goal to post 2-3 times per week it has been a while. Well, here is a short summary of the past couple weeks.

I took a class on time management about 2 years ago, and I'm realizing that I need to go back and look at my notes.
As of yesterday I will be working as a receptionist in BYU's Kennedy International Center (20 hours), which will be compounded on top of my internship (10-15 hours)  and full-time school (13 credits). 

I hate to whine because usually when I express my frustration a wiser, more experienced person says "Just wait, it gets busier."

Wonderful.

My parents have come to Utah for a wedding, EFY, and the Fourth of July. 
Last week I went to Lagoon and played around for the whole day (Aaron couldn't come because of classes). We also went to the Manti Pageant (amazing!). 

Me and my cute sister



Last night (July 3rd) we all decided to go camping by Mt. Timpanogos. We were a little scared because there was a brand new fire (so many fires in Utah!), but we made it out alive. However, we forgot practically everything; a can opener, spatula, knife, etc. We had to use a small pocketknife to open the cans and cut the potatoes. We also had a lot of other disasters of which I will not mention to save some dignity.

This morning, we hiked to Stewart Falls, which had to be one of the most beautiful hikes I have been on! Tonight, me and my family watched the fireworks in Sandy, UT and sat just below them. We were literally 100 feet away from the launch spot. Aaron had to stay behind to work at the Stadium of Fire; he worked check-ins and actually got to meet President Uchtdorf! Besides Aaron being absent for the fireworks, it was probably the best Fourth of July I've ever had.


Utensil improv


The Richardson girls

No comments:

Post a Comment