10.10.2012

Pupusas and Portraits

My dad had some business meetings in SLC yesterday morning, so afterwards he made the drive over to Provo to dine and visit with us.

We ate at an El Salvadorean restaurant in downtown. It is the same restaurant that Aaron took me to before proposing :) so it holds some special meaning. 

In case you are wondering, pupusas are a lot like a quesadilla and hand pie put together. Cheese and meat or beans are wrapped  in a corn dough and then fried and topped with salsa. Cheap and delicious (my favorite is cheese and beans).

After dinner I made my dad pose as I took photos of him for my portrait photo assignment. I'm not into the cheesy smile that seems to be popular among portraits, so for this photo I asked my dad to just stand there. I got this photo while he was deep in thought. I love this picture because it captures a facial expression that is so familiar to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment