5.01.2013

Zions National Park

It's official: Aaron and I are homeless. We packed up all of our stuff on Thursday, I graduated on Friday, and then we left for Las Vegas that afternoon. On Saturday we went to a friend's wedding reception--very classy and well planned--and then drove to St. George to stay with my aunt. On Sunday we drove to Zions National Park and camped out for two nights.
I have always loved camping and sleeping under the stars, except this camping trip was a little bit more difficult than past camping experiences...
The ground seemed extra hard, even though I brought a thin pad to sleep on.
Heartburn was raging, so a couple times in the night I had to get up and make some baking soda water.
Since my bladder is the size of a walnut I ended up walking across the campground to use the bathroom a few times every night, the whole time I was praying that I wouldn't be eaten by a wild animal or that the bathrooms would be void of any creepers.

Other than nighttime, our camping trip was great!


The scenery is breathtaking. I never realized that the desert could be so beautiful.



Since we love camping so much, we decided to add a camping budget in our finances. Two of our most useful purchases are this little gas cooker and pot/pan set.


 If you decide to go camping in Zions, the BEST time to go is in April or May. The weather was amazing: about 80-90 degrees during the day and between 60-70 at night. During the summer it gets too hot during the day (95+ degrees).



For some reason there were thousands of caterpillars all over the campground. When I sitting at our picnic table I felt something crawling on my foot. I looked down and there was a caterpillar. I flicked it off, but a minute later it was back on my foot! Then there was another, and another. I'm not sure why, but they were stalking me. When we woke up yesterday morning there were 15 caterpillars on top of our tent! Crazy little critters.


We started hiking at 8:30 am and didn't stop until 4 pm. I was feeling great until the last couple miles. Needless to say we were both sore that night.







After spending two days and two nights in Zions, we grabbed our map and navigated our way to Bryce Canyon. Pictures from Bryce will be posted soon!

1 comment:

  1. When RV camping without full hook-ups, there are other considerations as well that will assist you in getting the most out of your boondocking camping adventure.

    Zion National Park Camping

    ReplyDelete