6.02.2014

Williamsburg, VA


Right after moving into our new apartment we took a trip to Virginia to spend some time relaxing before Aaron started his job. 
On our way to Virginia we stopped in Washington D.C. saw some sights there. Definitely a place that takes at least a week to visit everything! I can't wait to go back!

In Williamsburg we visited the beach at Yorktown. This was Sawyer's first time at the beach and he loved it!



Baby toes are pretty much the best thing in the world.


He didn't want his picture taken...



During the week in Williamsburg we also visited Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown. We learned a lot at both sites, and they did a great job of making history interesting.


On our way back to Connecticut we took the long way and drove to Chincoteague island. It's been a place I've dreamed of going since I was a little kid. If you've ever read the children's book Misty of Chincoteague you'll know why I've always wanted to go to the island and see wild ponies.
Unfortunetely, the ponies were hidden in the trees and I didn't get to see them. Seriously, I was so disappointed. But we drove along the nature loop and found the beach. Oh boy was it a great beach! We didn't have swimsuits or towels, but we just had to get in the sand before we left.








Aaron starts his job today and real life begins for us. At the moment Sawyer is hanging on my legs and begging me to play, so I'm going to get off the computer and be a mom :)

UPDATE: in my haste to get off the computer I forgot to mention one of the most important part of out trip! A good friend from college lives in West Virginia and drove to Wikliamsburg to stay with us for a couple days. It was good to catch up and see her sweet little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment